Whaddaya Know!

                                                                                 






                                                    
Silly me…

I’ve been called all sorts of names…
 
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me… (unless they’re my own against myself). 

Words fascinate me…it’s in my genes.  My parents, both teachers, taught me well.  I was a sponge then, and still absorb as much as possible today.  It’s unlikely I’ll ever cease seeking knowledge.

I don’t have a photographic memory working full steam, but I do synthesize data well.  Old editions of Dick Bolles’ What Color is your Parachute? had quizzes that verified my ability in connecting the dots. In other words - synthesizing. I seek to see how everything is connected.

Did you know the creed of the Red Cross is: "Everyone is responsible to everyone for everything"?  (recently stated on TV by an official of the Red Cross)

My own credo is to pay-it-forward, especially when I discover what really works.  I enjoy helping others connect the dots.

Language evolves.  My interest in learning has evolved too.  As a well-seasoned elder, with peaks and valleys of living full-throttle, my interests have broadened beyond family, or daily mundane antics.  However, my desire to pass along what I’ve learned never wanes.

Today is a sound-bite age.  We all know it.  Find Tom Friedman’s The World is Flat 3.0 and discover the extent of it.  Businesses are outsourcing.  Individuals are uploading.  There's a shift in who really has the power.

Years ago, a supervisor posted a note on the break room door asking everyone to write down their pet peeves.  I wrote anonymously: PET PEEVE LISTS!  The list came down soon after.

I like to live outside the box sans labels.  I prefer to fly by the seat of my pants and explore the unknown.  My theme song in high school was from Porgy and Bess, "It ain't necessarily so..."

It’s hard to pin down a single attribute that describes my being...

What I am NOT:
1.       Over the hill
2.       Scattered
3.       Unable
4.       Anxious
5.       Fearful
6.       Stale
7.       Pedantic

What I AM:
Willing, Able, Energized, and Happy to Be ME!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad Hair Decade

Change - The Only Constant