Bad Hair Decade

Dilemma...






I can't find a decent hairdresser.



I've sisters with luxurious locks... They're younger... My hair was never as thick, or as glorious as theirs.

As a newborn, our brunette sis came home with dark curly ringlets all over her head. A year later, our blonde sis came home without any hair at all...so light she looked as though...

By the time they were in school, I did a Toni permanent on myself. It was cute. A teenager has to have the right hair!

Much older, on my own, I had expert help. Lucky me, in L.A., I went to Vidal Sassoon's.

At home in the Midwest, I found a just-right beautician. Then I moved miles away. Before we parted, she wrote out the details of my cut and color.

At the first salon in my new town, I presented my letter to the beautician (for-a-day) who couldn't read.

Yes... it grows back. Yes... I can go somewhere else, which I have, over, and over...

That was a few years ago. I've been to upscale salons, and to walk-in ones. A $50.00 cut doesn't seem much different than a $15.00 one.

I've observed... Beauticians cut hair parallel to the floor, or to the square room you're sitting in. It seems they don't have the knack for cutting hair parallel to your head anymore.

I don't want bed-head hair...chopped, rat's nest. I don't want helmet-hair either. I'd just like a little sophistication.


I'll keep searching...


Comments

  1. Jan, how wonderful! Love you, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh! WHY is the comment link so hard to find? That's no fun....we lazy people want things to be easy to find....I never would have thought to click on the time stamp! Please don't let the instructional post that reminds us of this get too far down the page....I seem to have the memory span of a turtle these days, so I'll forget.

    (Of course, I'm assuming that turtles have short memories....perhaps they can remember things longer than I can!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This observation of cutting hair on the parallel will probably be best understood by girls who wear short hair and don't like the layered look, but who like the cut ends matching up to adjacent hair in a subtle shape, not chopped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...this is annoying me now. Go into your dashboard and click on the settings tab then the "comments" tab. There HAS to be something you need to check...perhaps "show" comments? It's hard for me to tell 'cause I've got a custom-thingie on mine that makes comments show under the post, but your comment LINK has to be easier to find. Try it and let me know. 'Kay?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment